STUDY IN SINGAPORE
EDUCATION IN SINGAPORE
Studying in Singapore, no doubt, will act as a platform to a brighter future. Driven by excellence, Institutions in Singapore offer a broad-based curriculum and global perspective to equip students with the relevant qualifications and training to succeed in a competitive environment. Hence educational institutions offer the latest and best in educational tools and technologies.
As learning is lifelong, Institutions in Singapore offer a comprehensive range of training and enrichment programmes for executives, professionals and homemakers who place value on equipping themselves to achieve their aspirations. There are many who have chosen Singapore for their education and are happy that they made that decision, we believe they subscribe to what we believe in.
Singapore is a compact island with tropical weather all year round. Singapore is a multi-cultural and multi-racial country; the four major languages are Malay, English, Mandarin and Tamil..
Modern Learning Environment
- The international alumni from UK institutions includes many leading politicians, thinkers and business people who have had an important influence on the world such as Bill Clinton (former President of the USA), Wole Soyinka (Nobel prize-winning author) and Imran Khan (cricket legend and politician).
- The sheer variety of specializations means finding a course that suits your real interests, your ambitions and passions.
Quality of Education
- TThe education system provides facilities such as international student’s societies, planned social activities, academic support, and academic counselors. UK has one of the lowest ‘drops out rates.
- Its quality is unrivaled throughout the world..
- Encourages relevant skills that are marketable and sought by today’s top companies.
- Realization of earning potentials sooner.
- Numerous Scholarships and bursaries offered by UK institutions.
- Almost free health care by National Health Service.
- Student discount facilities provided free through National Union of Students membership for all students
- Vast choice of institutions, academics and subjects.
- Flexible programs.
- Diverse, stable social environment.
- Cosmopolitan place to live.
- Home to numerous ethnic groups and nationalities from around the world.
- Tolerant, stable society where students learn about diverse range of people.
- Compared to other educational destinations shorter duration programs.
- Undergraduate – 3 years, Postgraduate – 1 year.
TOP REASONS TO STUDY IN SINGAPORE
Singapore offers a wide variety of accomodation to suit different needs and budgets.There are home stays,flats,landed property
Families in singapore open up their homes to students and welcome them as part of the family. Boarding House : Good lodging service providing single or shared accomodation with room cleaning,meals,laundry and monthly outdoor activities.
Hostels or Service Apartments
Depending on location and size,these residences are available at various costs. Shared Accomodation/Independent Residences : Students can choose to live alone or share with other students . Lease terms are usually for 1 Year or more.
A Singapore education gives you the chance to access an education system that promotes excellence and be part of a progressive, cosmopolitan community. Singapore courses are often bi-lingual, combining English with Mandarin, Malay or Tamil. And you’ll be part of a multicultural nation that is the creative heart of Asia. Singapore also provides an excellent quality of life in a vibrant city. Great transport within the city, and easy access to other countries through its international airport. It’s safe, and the economy is stable, providing many opportunities for graduates.
How much will a Singapore education cost?
- An international student in Singapore spends on average about S$500 to S$2,000 (Approx) per month on living expenses. This amount varies depending on your individual lifestyle and course of study.
- Tuition fees per year up to SGD $18000 – $ 21,000 for Arts courses and generally more for Science courses
- Course duration ranges from 3 to 4 years for undergraduate courses and 1 year or more for postgraduate courses
Important information about studying in Singapore
- Main intake in September each year with a smaller intake in January at many universities in Singapore
- Application deadline for main September intake is June
Minimum Visa Requirement
Unconditional offer letter from your chosen university or college in Singapore and proof of funds to cover course fees and living expenses. Once you have been accepted by an education institution in Singapore you will be able to apply for a ‘Student Pass’.
Documents required for receiving the Study Permit
- Passport valid for a minimum of 190 days with at least two blank pages.
- Correct visa fee.
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs.
- Filled application form (all columns in the form are mandatory and must be filled).
- Letter of admission from a recognized Indian educational institution with duration of the course.
- Bona fide letter from the school/college.
- Receipt of fee paid to the school/college.
- Document showing financial support for the tuition fee and stay in India.
Time Required to issue Visa
Processing times vary from application to application at the sole discretion of the High Commission of India and its Consulates, and some applications may take longer than others to get processed. Hence, confirm your travel plans only after obtaining the visa.
- Photographs – Please provide two recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) of your self. The photographs should be in colour and: Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and in contrast against the background
- Clear and of good quality Printed on normal photographic paper
- Un mounted – 45 mm x 35 mm in size
- Should show full face (without sunglasses and normally without a hat or cap); The face should be in the center of the frame.
LIVING IN SINGAPORE
The cost and standard of living in Singapore is among the highest in Asia. However, as compared to countries in western continents, the cost of living is relatively low. Basic expenses such as food and transportation are economical.
When planning the budget, one needs to cater to these items
- Books & Stationery
- Medical/Hospitalisation Insurance
- Personal Expenses
TYPE OF EDUCATION
- Education in Singapore is managed by the Ministry of Education (MOE), which controls the development and administration of state schools receiving government funding, but also has an advisory and supervisory role in respect of private schools. For both private and state schools, there are variations in the extent of autonomy in their curriculum, scope of government aid and funding, tuition burden on the students, and admission policy.
- An international student in Singapore spends an average of S$500 upwards a month on living expenses. This amount varies, depending on the individual’s lifestyle.
- They have various education programs like Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Polytechnic, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Phd., and lot more….
GUIDE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
“Singapore offers an international experience of culture, colour and education. It’s no wonder, this small, but very populated, island nation is beoming such a popular study abroad destination.”
- Singapore stands out for its magnificent blend and influences of Chinese, Malay and Indian traditions. It is this, combined with up-to-the-minute technology and unparalleled cleanliness, that gives the city its character. It is also a major hub for travellers, and as an international student, you will be able to benefit from excellent travel deals to nearby Malaysia, Indonesia and even Australia.
- Religious monuments and buildings fill the streets in Chinatown and Kampong Glam, whilst you’ll be spoilt for choice to choose between the continuous festivals and events that take place throughout the year. The international cuisine of Singapore really is something to behold and explore, with a variety of dishes you are sure to have never tried, or possibly will never want to try again!
- Should you want some respite from the city, greenery and rainforest await you not too far away. Alternatively, you can opt to relax in one of the nation’s numerous and luxurious spas.
- Three publicly funded universities exist in Singapore. The National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University and Singapore Management University. Singapore also has five polytechnics, offering two and three year diplomas, in many different subject areas.
- Additionally, Singapore plays host to both an increasingly diverse private education scene and a growing number of offshore campuses. A number of these private institutions offer qualifications with completely international curricula such as those for the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Moreover, others offer international undergraduate programs from universities in countries such as Australia, Finland, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
- All national and international students are free to apply to the Singaporean Ministry of Education for a Tuition Grant once they have been admitted to their program of choice. This scheme allows for a grant of between SIN$14,000 and SIN$16,000 for most programs to be paid against tuition fees, thus reducing the amount considerably. For programs such as medicine and music, the grant can be as much as SIN$65,500 a year. However, international students are required to sign a bond in order to obtain a tuition grant, committing them to work in Singapore for three years after the completion of their university of polytechnic program.
61-162, Rasi Building, 2nd floor
Gandhi Park Coimbatore
Tamil Nadu, India – 641001
DROP A REVIEW
Please scan to review us on Google